Instant Ragi Sevai is made with store bought sevai and gets done instantly. You can just about add anything to this sevai to make it more interesting and appealing.
When I was thinking about what else to make for breakfast that will also include millets, I opted to buy this ragi sevai. These hardly takes about 2 to 3 minutes to get cooked. Then its all about tempering with different spices and vegetables to make a filling breakfast.
I kept it to the usual onion and other spices and it was all done under 15 mins or less.
We are doing the BM#93 week 2 where I am doing Easy Breakfast dishes and nothing can be easier than this.
Instant Ragi Sevai
- 1 cup Ragi Sevai instant variety
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies
- A handful of Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- Handful Cashewnuts
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- A Pinch Turmeric Powder
How to make Instant Ragi Sevai
- Boil about 3 cups of water to rolling boil. Add the instant ragi sevai and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain on a colander and fluff it with few drops of oil.
- Heat a pan with oil and temper with all the ingredients listed. Cook till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the cooked sevai and add salt and turmeric. Toss well.
- Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Serve hot with a side dish or just as such!