Warki Poori is a flaky layered poori that tastes so sinful with any side dish. The layers are separated by a paste of rice flour and ghee and make a wonderful dish.
I remembered seeing a Varki Poori and I twisted the dish name to make sure it suits Warki. I made this along with another dish and everybody loved this so much. So much so that Konda wanted this to be repeated and I kept some dough just for her sake.
All of us enjoyed and I would surely be making it again.
A to Z Indian Flatbreads:
A for Angakar Roti
B for Bedai Poori
C Choorie Ka Parantha
D for Dhapate
E for Ellu Holige
F for Farali Poori
G for Girda
H for Hariyali Paratha
I for Indori Palak Ki Puri
J for Jalebi Paratha
K for Koraishutir Kochuri
L for Lifafa Paratha
M for Masala Paratha
N for Nachni chi Bhakri
O for Orotti
P for Peethi Ki Paronthi
Q for Qeema Naan
R for Roghni Roti
S for Seyal Fulka
T for Tikadia
U for Ubbu Roti
V for Veechu Parotta
PIN This for later!
Step by Step Pictures for making Warki Poori
Warki Poori | How to make Layered Poori
For the Dough
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teacup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cooking Oil for deep frying.
For the Layering Paste
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 4 tbsp Ghee
How to make the Warki Poori
- Mix the rice flour with the ghee and make a smooth paste.
- Take the maida and wheat flour in a bowl along with salt.
- Add the milk and enough water to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Dust and roll each ball into a disc of 6 inches
- Spread the rice paste on the top surface. Transfer to a plate and keep it aside.
- Now continue rolling out all the rest of the balls.
- Take the first rolled out disc, spread the rice and ghee paste on top completely.
- Place the second layer, spread the paste again on top. Like this, continue with the remaining discs.
- Once you are done, from the bottom roll over tightly to make a swiss roll.
- Cut into rings. Dust and press each ring lightly and roll out again.
- Heat a kadai with oil and when hot, cook the puris on both sides.
- Serve hot with a side dish of choice.