Crispy Onion Capsicum Pakoda is a dry crispy pakoda made with onion and capsicum. The batter is spiced with green chilies and spice powders to make a delicious starter.
I made this for a lunch some weekend because I need to have some munchies for lunch and having covered all possible pakodas, I was left with the only capsicum to use. I had to repeat it again as it was so so good. This surely makes a wonderful snack to enjoy as you watch a movie.
We were treated with some rains whole of last week. While Madras is known for the rains happening during nights, the last week had us running around by 6 itself. It has always been a nice feeling waking up to misty cool mornings and carrying on with your work only to be treated again for more rains.
So with rains happening by evening itself, both Konda and Hubby dear were saying they won’t mind some hot pakodas to be made.
PIN This For Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Crispy Onion Capsicum Pakoda
Crispy Onion Capsicum Pakoda
- 1 cup – Capsicum
- 1 cup – Onions
- 3 to 4 nos – Green Chillies
- 1 cup – Besan / Gram Flour
- 1/2 cup – Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp – Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili Powder as required
- Cooking Oil for deep frying
Method to prepare:
- Chop the capsicum and onion fine. Take it along with finely chopped green chilies and add in the flours.
- Mix well, add ghee and slowly add water to get a stiff batter.
- Heat cooking oil in a kadai and deep fry the pakodas in batches.
- Serve with ketchup.