Chocolate Mug Cake with Gems is another version of a simple and quick eggless microwave mug cake with cocoa and gems added. This is an instant cake you can make quickly.
When Konda celebrated her birthday, as I was talking about the birthday rituals that my kids seem to have adapted, they either make handmade cards or off late bake some cakes. Only recently Konda started baking in regular OTG mode, previous to that, she always does these easy Microwave cakes. Seeing her creation, for her birthday my twins wanted to bake something special for their big sister.
So this Chocolate Mug Cake with Gems was done by Chinnu. She was needless to say so thrilled about getting a custom made mug cake. It was a different story that Chinnu ate more of this cake than his sister, as he felt it was really too good.
I clicked better pictures of these mug cakes, unfortunately, I couldn’t find them and had to do with the clicks that I took from the phone. Of course, with these being just under 2 minutes, I can always do them again. I thought I will postpone to a different time, while you enjoy the dish. So for the second day of Single Serve Sweet Dishes, I have yet another easy Microwave Cake.
PIN This for Later!
Chocolate Mug Cake with Gems
- 4 tbsp – All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp – Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp – Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp – Sugar
- A Pinch Salt
- 5 tbsp – Milk
- 2 tbsp – Cooking Oil
- 10 nos – Gems
Method to prepare:
- In a microwave-safe mug, take the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Add the milk and oil and gently combine the dry and wet ingredients. If the batter is little thick you can add another tablespoon milk.
- Add about 5 gems to the batter and mix.
- Top the batter with the remaining gems.
- Microwave for a minute, again microwave for 30 sec and after a second check and see if it needs another 30 sec of the microwave.
This cake gets done in 2 mins or under depending on your Microwave setting.
So you will have to check your Microwave oven to verify.