This announcement is for June 2016!
Before going into the new themes, here are the links to some of the BM related pages.
I also decided I will be little more strict in handling late posts. I know real life sometimes becomes very tough to manage. However if you know it is going to be so, please do not sign up. I will understand. But if you are signing up, then I expect you to be prompt in posting and reading fellow BM blogs.
- Should take up 2 weeks of BM without fail. It can be any two weeks.
- Will have to post on all 3 days with 2 weeks without fail
- You cannot take the same themes, except for the different Kid’s Delight theme.
- Should follow the accepted theme all 3 days, meaning if you choose one topic like Rice, you should post all rice based recipes all 3 days.
- Should link to the Blogging Marathon page.
- Is expected to actively give feedback on others post.
- Mandatory reading and commenting on the fellow participating member.
The 3rd and 4th week of June will be hosted by Archana with theme Soups and Salads. She will be announcing the event on her blog by 15th June.
With the holidays going on for kids, you will have to stock up your pantry with different snacks and dishes. So these Holiday Dishes can be anything that your kids will love to dig in.
As the name says these bread can be sweet or savory, it can be any type of bread. The only condition is, as you serve or eat, you will have to pull a layer apart from the other and eat!
Cook Rice in different ways. One method for each day.
One Pot Rice, Mixed Rice, Layered Rice.
Your three dishes have to fall under the above rice. No other form of rice can be used.
One Sauce, Two Dishes
Your day one has to be a sauce, then cook two different dishes for the next two days.
Example, if you are going to make Tomato Sauce, your other two day posts can be Pizza, and Pasta using this tomato sauce.
Gourmet Gravies with Smooth Textures
These gravies should be rich, and should have a smooth texture gravies. So it means you can add any vegetable or lentil or protein, the base gravy should be a smoothly pureed sauce.
One Vegetable Different Ways
Pick one vegetable and cook in different ways. So you pick cauliflower, then make Cauliflower 65, Cauliflower Manchurian Gravy, Cauliflower Pizza base. What categories you choose to make is your wish.
Special Theme – Bookmarks
I decided we will continue to cook our bookmarks in June as well.