The concept of Indian Cooking Challenge will work out like this.
Select a dish either sweet or savory.
Get a tried and tested recipe
Share it with members
Everybody cooks the dish and posts on their blog by the deadline.
Before getting on with the rules, lets talk about the list. For now I have about 35 different sweets and savories suggested by bloggers. Others are welcome to list out their choice too. Will be putting up a poll soon with the finalized list.
The Project Plan for Indian Cooking Challenge is as follows
Get the finalized list of items – Last Date is 17th June PST (EOD)
Polling on the choice of the month – Will end by 20th June PST
Announce the Choice of the dish – 22nd June
Get a foolproof recipe for the chosen dish – 24 – 25 June
Mail all the members the recipe – at the earliest by 27th or 28th.
First challenge will be for the month of July, which should be posted on the blogs by 28 – 29 July.
Special cooking gadgets will be suggested along with the recipe.
Alternative ingredients will be suggested
We should be able to come up with an alternative for Vegan specific requirements. If its not possible, the member can be excused.
The recipe should mostly be given for 4 people or small servings.
Other references will be cited.
Indian Cooking Challenge Rules:
- Bloggers if they want to join this event, should have at least 30 posts and have been active for the last 3 months.
- Members cannot miss this event more than 2 times in a row.
- If somebody is not able to take part, it should be informed in prior.
- In their blog post, should explain in detail their experience while cooking the dish along with the verdict.
- Elaborate pictures if accompanying are most welcome.
- Should display the logo of Indian Cooking Challenge in their blog, along with a link back to the event announcement.
- Should leave the details in the ICC Blog under each challenge, that way members can visit the other member’s blogs.
- The recipe details will be sent out to all members, and should be followed as per the details given, unless and until they cannot use or consume any of the ingredients listed.
- Like if the member is Vegan, they can substitute the ingredients needed for the recipe with a Vegan choice.
- Vegans do not eat –
1. dairy (milk, paneer, ghee, butter, yogurt, cheese)
4. Of course any kind of meat
5. Paneer water/whey
- Other items used for baking or related items can also be replaced with something different if need be.
I think that’s about it, but will update once I get more. The logo is still not ready, will have it before we start.
Ok, the list for now
Update: wow its now 90 in total!!
7 cup sweet
Aethekka Appam (Banana Fritters)
Ari/Godhambu Halwa(Rice/Wheat Halwa)…Cereal
Ariselu / Athirasa,
Aval(Red Rice Flakes)Nanchathu
Chakka/Ethappazha Halwa(Jack Fruit/Banana Halwa)…Fruit
Karappusa / Omapodi
Kesari Bath (with rice)
Mishti Roi ( Sweet Yougurt )
Payesh – Kheer – Rice Pudding
Pulli pitha/Dudh Puli (tiny coconut dumplings in sweetened milk)
Please update the comments section with your names that are missed in this post that you might want to try.
Looking forward to a great list in place that we all can enjoy!