I have had many readers ask for authentic recipes. I have sent Amma’s recipes to them, saying though I haven’t personally tried them, I have tasted the results and every time it turned out awesome. When I realized this, I was feeling funny that I had never taken up the challenge to make them myself.
I am sure many of you feel the same as I have felt. Many of you would love to learn the authentic dishes that our elders made. Would want our children enjoy these treats the same way as we did as kids. While I was asking Amma to teach me those treasured recipes, it struck me that I really don’t know many of the traditional festival food. I would love to learn them, especially in my current hectic schedule, I may not be inspired enough to take up the task. But throw a challenge, then I all for it.
Naturally I thought so would many of you. You all must be having your family treasured recipes that you have not made yourself yet. I know making those authentic forgotten dishes, learning them would surely spice our life enough! Don’t you agree?
Come join us if you are game for it!
This event is going to be called Indian Cooking Challenge! and below is the logo
Indian Cooking Challenge Rules:
- Bloggers if they want to join this event, should have at least 30 posts and have been active for the last 3 months.
- Members cannot miss this event more than 2 times in a row.
- If somebody is not able to take part, it should be informed in prior.
- In their blog post, should explain in detail their experience while cooking the dish along with the verdict.
- Elaborate pictures if accompanying are most welcome.
- Should display the logo of Indian Cooking Challenge in their blog, along with a link back to the event announcement.
- Should leave the details in the ICC Blog under each challenge, that way members can visit the other member’s blogs.
- The recipe details will be sent out to all members, and should be followed as per the details given, unless and until they cannot use or consume any of the ingredients listed.
- Like if the member is Vegan, they can substitute the ingredients needed for the recipe with a Vegan choice.
- Vegans do not eat –
1. dairy (milk, paneer, ghee, butter, yogurt, cheese)
4. Of course any kind of meat
5. Paneer water/whey
- Other items used for baking or related items can also be replaced with something different if need be.
The posting date is 15th of every month!
- Special cooking gadgets will be suggested along with the recipe.
- Alternative ingredients will be suggested
- We should be able to come up with an alternative for Vegan specific requirements. If its not possible, the member can be excused.
- The recipe should mostly be given for 4 people or small servings.
- Other references will be cited.
Please confirm in the comment section your interest to be part of this event. I am still working on the list of recipes and once I have the members, hopefully I should be able to get a comprehensive one which will be challenging. Your ideas are most welcome, so please share them.
Those interested to contribute to the list of dishes that are complex in your cuisine, kindly list them out in the comment section. I will take a complete list and put it for polling!
Expecting your enthusiast participation!