When I wanted to start Spice your Life, I only wanted to concentrate on Parenting and Kids. But I was getting so many requests for Bachelor’s recipes, I thought I might be able to cover it in this blog. Now, what’s more, interesting and encouraging than getting a post from a bachelor, who is going to showcase the dishes he prepared on his own.
Sanjay Keswani is from the UK and is Alka’s brother in law. Now what more proof do I need to know, that recipes from Sanjay would be awesome. Alka’s blog is a great resource on Sindhi cuisine and her pictures are breathtakingly beautiful. I am not kidding you can check it out yourself. So I jumped the gun when she said her BIL cooks.
Ok, I don’t want to crowd his post, let’s go straight to see what’s been simmering in our bachelor’s kitchen! I have not modified anything.
Mixed Vegetable Curry – By Sanjay Keswani
- 3 – Onions
- 2 – Tomatoes
- 2 – Green Chillies or more
- 2 or more cups of chopped Mixed vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, carrots etc.
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp – Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala
- Kitchen King Masala (optional) just a pinch
- 1 tbsp – Cooking Oil (or less if cooking in a nonstick pan)
- Salt as per taste
Method to prepare:
- Peel and chop onions finely (A daunting task).
- Take 1 tbsp cooking oil in a nonstick pan or handi.
- Sauté onions in this oil till they turn brownish in colour.
- Add tomatoes and all dry masalas and fry well.
- Add small chunks of potato, mix properly and then add water.
- Add salt, mix properly and let it cook for sometime till potatoes are half done.
- Then add all other vegetables (The frozen pack of mix vegetables available in the UK is very handy and also get cooked fast, but you can use fresh vegetables cleaned and chopped, and saute them for few seconds before adding them to curry)
- Let the vegetables cook, on a minimum flame and adjust the consistency of curry as per your requirements.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Rotis or Pita bread or even bread.
All bachelors out there, do try this as its sure Sanjay enjoyed his meal.